Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Window Xp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jd57

jd57

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:55 PM

Hi Everyone

I'm not sure how to ask this, but I think I'm having some problems with XP
For some unknown reason a webpage on my server is still accessable even after I remove all files from my site and cleared all temporary internet files + all cookies. I'm not sure if it's my computer or my server, Is there a way to clear these pages in window xp other then what I have mentioned above
Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Toscane

Toscane

• Security Colleague
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

I suppose you already used a cleaning tool like:

Download Ccleaner Install it to your desktop.
Run CCleaner
1. Open CCleaner.
2. Place a check by everything in the Applications tab.
3. Place a check by Internet Explorer, Windows explorer, and System in the Windows tab (take care that Windows logfiles is unchecked).
4. Hit the button that says Run CCleaner
5. Reboot to remove index.dat files.

Also try this:
Go to Start > Run
Type: ipconfig /flushdns
Click “OK”.

Please go to Start -> Control Panel, and choose Network Connections. Then right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and left click on properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item and select the radio button that says Obtain DNS servers automatically. Click OK twice, and restart your computer.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:17 AM

For some unknown reason a webpage on my server is still accessable even after I remove all files from my site

Looks like you maybe forgot to delete some files there from your server?
Deleting them local won't help, you really have to delete them from your server, where you uploaded them. Check in what folder that webpage you can still access is present and delete it there.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users