Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After Deleting Virus, Is The Programme Safe?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 tcswaite

tcswaite

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi,

Firstly, I am not very good with computers so forgive me if my question seems ridiculous.

Secondly, have no other choice but to download a torrent of a program (Articulate Studio Pro) otherwise I would have to folk out over $1000 for the software. However, every version I download has viruses/malware stuff in it. I have got rid of all the viruses (using AVG and malwarebytes anti-malware), but I have to keep downloading program after program trying to find a non-infected version (which is obviously putting my computer at constant risk).

What I need to know is: Once I have got rid of the virus, are the downloaded files safe to use?

Are the files purposely put online to infect your computer and will not contain the desired file? Or do they contain the needed files, but are cased in a virus?

Also, are there any sites you recommend for downloading the file I need, I am currently using xxxxxxx

Thanks,

Tcwaite

Edited by CatByte, 12 May 2012 - 10:04 AM.
removed link to torrent

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

what exactly are you using this software for?

there are always alternatives available for download that will do the same job for less price, often times for free, you just have to search them out

http://topalternatives.com/create-e-learning-presentations-from-powerpoint

downloading software through torrents is stealing.

The developers of the software spend a great deal of time and money developing their product and deserve to be paid for it.

The fact that you can't afford it doesn't give you the right to obtain it illegally.

As you have found out, you have compromised your whole system in trying to steal this software, is it really worth it?

If you are a student, you might try contacting the company to see if they offer any discounts for students, if you can't find an alternative product.

I will only help you clean your machine if you stop trying to steal this software and look for legitimate ways to obtain the software you need.

If you agree to these terms please run the following:

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.

NEXT

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
  • You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#3 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users