Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing File List From Dvd Data Disc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stratomaster

Stratomaster

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:02 PM

Hey, maybe I'm missing something but I want to print the file list of data I have on a dvd disk. When I open the disk and get a list of files I don't get a print option anywhere. I'm still a newbie at Windows XP home so I am still shaky on it. Thanks in advance. Cheers......Stratomaster

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:10 PM

I use Print Folders for making alist of folder contents.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:25 PM

OK, here's a neat trick. Make a folder on your C: drive. Call it filelist or something like that. To do this, open Windows Explorer (hold down the Windows key and the E key). Click on your C: drive in the left pane. In the right pane, right-click in an empty space and select "new" from the list, then "folder" from the list that pops up. Type in the new filename. Click somewhere in the empty space to finish.

Now, you need to know the letter of the drive for your CD. It could be D: or E: or something. Next, you need to open a command window. Click on Start, then Run, then type in

cmd

and hit enter. Now you need to use a dos command to copy the list you want to print.

First, go to your new folder by typing cd and the name of your new folder. For example:

cd C:\filelist

Now, the command line should show that you are in that folder.

Next, type the letter of your drive with this command:

dir E:\>list.txt

and hit enter.

Now, type:

exit

to leave the command prompt. Use Windows Explorer again to find the folder and you should see a text document in there which you can print. You can vary the filenames so that you can make lists of other CDs each time.

There are also programs that will print directories, many of which are shareware. Here's one:

JR Directory Print

And one I've used before is Karen's directory printer, which, like all of Karen's tools, is free. It does have limitations: don't try to print too many directories or it will fire out about a thousand pages. You need to download and install the visual basic files first if you don't already have them installed.

Karen's Directory Printer

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:13 PM

Many times, your burning software will allow you to pull up the contents of a CD and then print it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users