Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flickering lines - permanent damage done?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 iamasloth

iamasloth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hi,

I ran an ATI Radeon 4870 on my pc with a Cooler Master 500W PSU. Does that provide enough power for my graphics card? If not, could it lead to damage on the motherboard or other parts of my computer? Because a few months after building my pc I have been getting a serious flickering screen problem that happens most times, but can also be brought on by watching movies or playing games. It doesn't improve even after:

- upgrading PSU from Cooler Master 500W to Corsair CX600
- switching graphics card to Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT, using driver sweeper to remove old drivers
- switching monitors

I still get the flickering screen.

Is my motherboard or CPU permanently damaged..??

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Thre rest of my specs:
CPU: Intel Quad Core 2 Q9400 2.66Ghz
Mother board: ASUS P5Q PRO (EPU) P45
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870; then tested with Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT
RAM: Kingston 2x2GB DDR2 800
PSU: Coolermaster 500; then upgraded to Corsair CX600
HDD: WD SATA 750GB
Monitor: Dell 2209WA; then tested with a BenQ monitor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users