Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix completely destroyed PBX software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hemingray

Hemingray

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Ok, so, have my windows 7 machine here, runs PBX Software called 3CX. Said system had picked up an infection, that required the use of combofix. Ok no big deal, CF has never let me down in the past.

Well, sadly, this time it has, in the deletion stage, it has decided that the 3CX install was malicious somehow, and completely wiped it out. (Settings and all!). Luckily, this was the free version and not the paid one (cheapest license for this is close to $500). Brings me to a question, is why Combofix flagged this for deletion?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please zip up the following folder: C:\Qoobox and submit it to the following URL: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=97

I can pass along the data to the developer.

Brings me to a question, is why Combofix flagged this for deletion?

When you're dealing with a tool as powerful as ComboFix you're bound to run into side effects / collateral damage every now and again. This is one of the reasons we recommend that you not run ComboFix unless attended by a helper specifically trained in the usage of the tool. If and when complications arise the helper already knows what to do to mitigate damage and restore the machine, and can consult with the developer in exceptional cases.

You may find this topic informative - ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users