Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No connection over fiber

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 seg42

seg42

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to get network connection over a rather tricky fiber run. The run is in two parts, a run from the server room to a IDF at a little over 500 feet, which terminates at a patch panel, then there is a second new run at about 150 feet from there to another room. I've tested all the fiber runs, and while the old run isn't the best in the world, it still tested at acceptable standars. Using fiber converters, I can get a connection between the new room, and the IDF, but not between the IDF and the server room. Both fiber converters check out. Any suggestions where the problem could be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users