Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3d Gamemaker

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:34 AM

Hey have any of you ever heard of the 3D GameMaker, Dark Basic ? it looks pritty good the features that were listed on its site were amazing and theres also a program called T.Ed thats a landscaping program and it takes around 2 minutes to download and the thing you can do is unbalievable but as i was saying Dark Basic is made to design 3D or 2D games my friends bought it last night and it cost $53 all togeather shipping and everything it came with a free game and a cd with the most popular 3D games on it along with a programming book on how to work Dark Basic.

I was wondering if any of you have tested this program or heard anything about it, For example how good is it or is it some cheap rip off to make money ?
I can only learn what i want to learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:34 PM

I don't know anything about that program, but Blender, which is a FREE program, has Realtime 3D/game creation.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:30 PM

Cool thanks ill have to test it out.

Edit: ok blender is realy hard to use.

Edited by Osiris, 26 February 2006 - 10:57 PM.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, it's not a "jump right in, and start using" kind of program.
It does have a fairly steep learning curve, but there are tons of tutorials on how to use it.
Here are a few of them:
Blender 3D: Noob to Pro
From start to render: A blender quickstart
Blender 3D Tutorials
Blender 3D: Tutorial Links List

These should get you started.
Just Google "Blender Tutorials", and you'll have more than you'll know what to do with (about 1,560,000 for Blender Tutorials). :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#5 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:27 AM

Ok thanks and by the way are you any good at blender?

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:45 AM

Not really.
I've just been playing around with it when I have some free time, which isn't often, but I do enjoy it. :thumbsup:
I find that the more you play with it, the more addicting it becomes.
For a free program, there's not much it won't do.
I like how much support there is for it, on the internet.
A good place to go with any questions is the forums, at elysiun.com.
I've learned a lot just reading the past posts.

#7 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

:thumbsup: Ok thanks. Do you have a example of something youve made i could view ?

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:07 PM

I haven't made anything I've been satisfied with, therefore it's all been deleted.
As I said, I don't have much time to play with it, so I'm still learning the basics.
Have you checked out the Gallery on the website?
Gallery
That will give you a good idea, of what Blender is capable of.
There's some awesome work, there.
That's why I haven't given up on it yet. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users