Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Bsod

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:26 AM

I know that my BSOD's are related to memory leaks somehow, but I just can't put my finger on it. For some odd reason, the BSOD's only pop-up if 'The SIMS 2' doesn't shut down properly. There is occasionally a file in the 'processes' tab that is 100% needed for S2 to run, but it almost never has been shutting down recently. I know that S2 is not related to anything within the Windows family, but here is why I posted here:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC03DDB84, 0xC000000, 0xF76E13C5, 0x2E3B9860)

Ntfs.sys - Address F76E13C5 base at F767E000, Datestamp 41107eea

I am really getting frustrated by some programs not shutting down by themselves and causing BSOD's. If I can atleast find out what caused this recent one, then I can maybe prevent it from happeneing by instructing my sisters and my mom to shut down that last process.

Thanx again guys,
lego

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:27 PM

TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES

0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article, or see Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit, p. 1553.)
A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

* Windows NT 4.0 Setup Troubleshooting Guide {KB 126690} NT 4 (Recommendations for the current error message are buried down inside this article, which isnít necessarily limited to NT 4.)
* Connecting a Hard Disk Drive in Slave Only Mode Leads to System Halt During Resume From Standby {KB 330100} Win XP SP1 (Windows installed on a slave drive.)

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:46 PM

Have you installed SP2 yet?

Although it primarilly addressed security exploits it also contained fixes for many compatability issues and may address the problem you are experiencing.

#4 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 11:22 PM

Yes, I do have SP2. What I can't seem to realize is that I updated my motherboard BIOS via Dell. Do I need to update any controllers, drivers, or firmware? Because I know for a fact that everything is compatible (How does the computer work then?). It'll be a pain to update anything for the memory, because they aren't Corsair or anything like that. My memory is a generic brand.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:31 AM

Generic memory doesn't necessarily mean its bad.

First thing to do is look in the device manager and see if there are any yellow or red flags on any device in there. If so, you may have hardware or driver problems and it would be good to update whichever drivers show problems if any.

Then run one of the memory testers:
like this:
Windows Memory Diagnostic
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Edited by Enthusiast, 27 February 2006 - 09:31 AM.

#6 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:41 AM

I basically have to boot from my CD image that I just downloaded? Well, that's gonna have to wait until after school, because I'm actually running out of time to catch the bus. :thumbsup:

- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users