Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering Files After Accidental Reformat

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jaci

jaci

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:40 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i accidentally reformatted my computer :thumbsup:
i know, that sounds really stupid and yes it probably is..

basically i was having problems with it today, it kept blue screening when i turned it on (suspected virus) and safe mode didn't work either... windows just wouldn't load

so i dug up my acer laptop recovery cd and loaded that... unfortunately, i've never done "recovery" before and misunderstood what it meant... i thought it'd be like a boot cd but it seems to have wiped my whole computer - programs, files, settings, drivers, everything

i desperately want my old files back in particular... i had all these med notes i'd done and photographs i hadn't printed or saved elsewhere

is there any way to get these back? i've vaguely heard that even when files are 'deleted' they lurk on ur computers somewhere forever, for potential use by hackers if u sell ur computer.. so i was hoping they might still be recoverable, somehow...

please please help me anyone :flowers: any ideas would be greatly appreciated :trumpet:

ps apologies if this is the wrong section

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viet Vet

Viet Vet

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:10 AM

If you Reformatted; they are (sorry to say) gone.
Support Our Troops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users