Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me Please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bushy

Bushy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:43 AM

I keep getting loads of message alerts telling me that i have a mega problem it says

Message fromsecurity to alerton 26/2/06 9:39

STOP! scan critical system errors
then it tells me to download

http//www.reglink32.com

Failure to act may lead to data loss & corruption

WHAT DO I DO NOW ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:12 PM

Hi There :thumbsup:

I have read your post and I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review.

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system

David

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

Does that message look like this?

If it does follow the instructions in How to remove the default Windows Messenger that comes with Windows XP and the popups will stop.

Do you have all the Windows Updates installed?

Edited by Leurgy, 26 February 2006 - 01:24 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:19 PM

The pop-ups are to one of those numerous crappy registry cleaners. I suspect Look2Me - i had the infection on a VM the other day and had exactly the same pop-ups. Do you get any other pop-ups Bushy?
David

#5 marti213

marti213

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:14 PM

The pop-ups are to one of those numerous crappy registry cleaners. I suspect Look2Me - i had the infection on a VM the other day and had exactly the same pop-ups. Do you get any other pop-ups Bushy?
David

I have the same messages on my new pc...
what can I do??? HELP ME pleaseee!!! :thumbsup:

(sorry for my bad english :flowers: )

Edited by marti213, 08 March 2006 - 03:15 PM.

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

That's ok marti213.

This is most likely a look2me infection - please follow the instructions i gave in post#2.

David :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users