Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Periodic system freezes for half a second while playing any video game

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ICBM

ICBM

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

It's a relatively beefy system and gets really good fps for most games at any video settings. Recently, however, I've noticed that a lot of games would "stutter" for half a second every couple of minutes or so. The screen and all sounds would freeze for half a second and then jump back into action.

My desktop has the following specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD3

CPU: Intel Sandybridge Core i5-2500K

RAM: 12 GB (2x4gb + 2x2gb) 1333 MT/s DDR3

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

GPU: Nvidia Geforce gtx 460 1gb

Storage:
	SSD: ADATA 64 GB S599 Sandforce 2.5-Inch SATA II 3.0Gb/s

HDD: WD Caviar Green 2TB 64MB/SATA-3G

Everything else is running smoothly other than this problem.

I have the latest driver for my graphics card: 296.10, however this problem has existed on version 295.73 and 285.62 of the driver as well.

Temperatures:
GPU Temperatures peak at 60 C during max load
CPU Temperatures peak at 50 C during max load

Load:
CPU usage peaks at ~30% for the game that I most recently noticed the problem on (DOTA 2), and doesn't rise any higher during stuttering
GPU usage averages at ~20% and rose to a highest at 60%. During the stutter the gpu load seems to decrease to single digits for the half second and then rise back up to 20-30%.

Games I've noticed this on:
dota 2
just cause 2
starcraft 2
(hmm, maybe my computer hates sequels)

Here's a hijackthis log:
I've also attached the log for convenience
Mod Edit: Removed HJT log, No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-167/announcement-45-no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/ - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 10 May 2012 - 09:16 AM.
Removed malware log data - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users