Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pdf form with php

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

I was on google searching for tutorials on creating a pdf form I can inbed in a html or php page, then have it send to email using php.

I was reading up on fpdf: http://www.fpdf.org/

Is there any other websites that you would recommend to study so that I may accomplish the task at hand?

Thank-you :lol:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheStalker

TheStalker

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

fpdf seems to be the best free library. There is a few html/javascript to pdf ways of doing this, so that might be worth a google.

#3 some1special

some1special

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

I was on google searching for tutorials on creating a pdf form I can inbed in a html or php page, then have it send to email using php.

Is there any other websites that you would recommend to study so that I may accomplish the task at hand?

Thank-you :lol:

Yes, FPDF is good. I've been using it for long time, and i'm satisfied. Consider using TFPDF (True-Font FPDF) if you need to use some non standard encoding

#4 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

sitepoint.com/generate-pdfs-php/

It will tell you how to create a PDF document via PHP.

#5 SusanWhite

SusanWhite

• Banned Spammer
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

I have also used fpdf and it is awesome and free. It is also easy to learn and implement. Go ahead with it, you will not be dissapointed.

#6 Guest_philsmith_dot_com_*

Guest_philsmith_dot_com_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Thank-you laugh.gif

FPDF sounds great, but not quite what you're asking for. It sounds to me like you want to use Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) to create a form, embed that in a web page and then have the form submitted via email. Your user would download the form, open it with Adobe Reader, click the submit button, and that causes the form to be sent as POST data which your php script would pick up, convert to email and send off to you. I can show you how to do that, assuming you have Acrobat.

Otherwise, why would you even use pdf?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users