Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No DVD device!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 autigerfan

autigerfan

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hello all! a while back the wife installed Windows 7. She has an HP DV9000. The DVD worked because it allowed her to install Windows 7. Since then it doesn't work. So I have checked the device manager and a DVD player is not even listed. The other day I was installing a new touchpad and mouse on her laptop and decided to disconnet the DVD player and then reconnect it to make sure the DVD player was connected properly.
Even after this Windows 7 device manager does not even list that my wife's laptop has a DVD-ROM. Any ideas or suggestions?
:busy:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rangerray

rangerray

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Wow, i had the same problem last week, the only reason i knew my DVD ROM was inoperative was, I could not install Windows Vista Service pack 1. What i did, was reinstall my operating system. I have had a bad virus that manipulated my system. I wish I could help you, all i can do is suggest Windows Fix it center, and see if it will help you.

#3 autigerfan

autigerfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

I will give the Windows Fix it center a shot but who knows. Replaced the hinges, touchpad and mouse and now to get her DVD-ROM to work. going for the Trifecta.

#4 autigerfan

autigerfan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

well, I ran Windows fix it. It said that there was a problem but a surprise-they were not able to fix it! any other ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users