Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Drive case not recognizing hard drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dimodica1

dimodica1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

I purchased a Sabrent 3.5 IDE external drive case so I can put in a Western Digital 500gb PATA drive. When we plug it into the USB port, it starts to recognize the drive and Windows 7 says that it is installing the driver and then we get the message driver installed failed. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this recognized?

The manufactures website says the drive is recognized up to a 3tb and supports Standard Desktop 3.5″ IDE/PATA Desktop Hard Drives. It is a model ECS-U35K

Thanks

Paul DiModica

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 everready

everready

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hello dimodical,

Try opening up Disk Management with the external drive connected. See if Disk Management see the drive or not. If it sees the drive right click on the drive and try to initialize\format the drive.

Hope this helps

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

My External Hard Drive is not recognized by my computer Complete with pictures -

Should do it -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users