Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Programs Load anymore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phil610

phil610

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'd like to first say I really appreciate this opportunity to get some help. My Gateway has been infected with something for months now it seems. (I'm far from a computer expert, but I did try a lot of various anti virus programs) Google also has been hijacked. A lot of times the computer would fail to even get to the sign on screen, so I've done the "restoring to an earlier point" option several times . The problem seems to have gotten worse over time, and about two weeks ago, no programs would load. No AOL, no Firefox, Media Player , and a lot of other random links that wouldn't activate such as certain things in the Control Panel. The little arrow in the task manager that points up was still there, but none of the things that are usually there were there anymore (except the volume and windows update, which I also couldn't load) I did system restore again a few times, which worked, but a few days ago it crashed while trying to restore and now the only dates available are recent ones that still have the same problem.
I've looked around the internet on another computer and tried a couple random things, such as disabling a lot, if not all of the startup programs from running, but still nothing. Even in Safe Mode, nothing really loads. Pictures will load but not music or videos. It doesn't seem like I can do much anything on my PC now. Did one of my virus scanners accidentally delete something important? Is there anything I can do short of doing a full factory restore? I apologize if I neglected to give any crucial information. Please just let me know what you need, and I'll try to provide it.

Edited by hamluis, 09 May 2012 - 05:42 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PCCom

PCCom

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hi,

I'd imagine an Admin will be along presently and move your post over to Am I infected
It would be a good idea to read thru the pinned posts over there anyway.

#3 phil610

phil610
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

oh man sorry. i should have put it there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users