Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change Ownership/File Reappear/VAC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tetrarc

Tetrarc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a few problems to address.

First, I've recently changed the ownership away from TrustedInstaller to my own account (with Admin priveleges). I've read in the past that this is not the best idea and I was wondering why this course of action should be avoided. The reason for this change was a problem that arose while trying to change my account's permissions. Full story: Attempting to save an .xml file into the inetpub/wwwroot directory, but I was unable to due to permissions. I go to edit my account's permissions, however, quite a few error messages popped up. The first two said the files were in use (pagefile.sys and another) while the others (multiple others) said access is denied. This lead me to the Owner change. Is this fine or should I alter this action in some way.

Secondly, a folder I created long ago continues to reappear. Everytime I access the 'Save As' function, the folder will reappear. I've tried deleting it using the command prompt, with no luck.

Lastly, and I'm not sure this would be the forum for assistance with this issue, I have a query concerning Virtual Audio Cable. I use VAC to stream sound to a program, but I can't find a convenient way to switch between VAC and my speakers. The only time I've managed to successfully change back to speakers forced me to reinstall VAC. I'm looking for a trick to switch between the two relatively effortlessly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users