Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

safe mode error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 timolivo

timolivo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hello, my computer boot into a blue screen when I try to go into safe mode. i get this error.

stop:0x0000007B (0XF7B73528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000,0x00000000)

i've tried spyware, superantispyware, spybot s&d, malware bytes, and mcafee

still there and still cannot boot safemode

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

i've tried spyware, superantispyware, spybot s&d, malware bytes, and mcafee

Hello timolivo -
Can you please explain what you mean by "i've tried spyware,", it seems to make no sense -
Do you also mean that this only happens in Safe Mode, and why were you trying to use Safe Mode ? ?

Did you add or change anything for this to happen ? ?

Thank You -

#3 timolivo

timolivo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

I few year I got this computer as a back up and I notice that it did not go into safemode and with every attempt it would give me a blue screen and give that error code. What I meant to say is that I have run all those program checking for spywear but came up emptie.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

1.Click on Start. In Windows XP, also click Run.
2.In the Run window (Windows XP), type the following and then press Enter:
msconfig
This will open the System Configuration program.

Note: Do not make changes in System Configuration other than those outlined here to avoid causing serious system issues. This utility controls a number of startup activities other than those involved with Safe Mode.
3.Click on the Boot tab located at the top of the System Configuration window.
In Windows XP, this tab is labeled BOOT.INI
4.Check the checkbox next to Safe boot (/SAFEBOOT in Windows XP) and then click OK.

Note: The radio buttons under the Safe boot options start the various other modes of Safe Mode. For example, Alternate shell starts Safe Mode with Command Prompt and Network starts Safe Mode with Networking.

See Safe Mode: What It Is and How To Use It for more information on the various Safe Mode options.
5.You will then be prompted to either Restart, which will restart your computer immediately, or Exit without restart, which will close the window and allow you to continue to use your computer in which case you'll need to restart manually.
6.After restarting, Windows will automatically boot to Safe Mode.

Important: Windows will continue to start in Safe Mode automatically until System Configuration is configured to again boot normally, which we'll do over the next several steps.

If you'd prefer to continue to start Windows in Safe Mode automatically each time you reboot, for example if you're troubleshooting a particularly nasty piece of malware, you can stop here.
7.When your work in Safe Mode is complete, again start System Configuration as you did in Steps 1 and 2 above.
8.Choose the Normal startup radio button (on the General tab) and click OK.
9.You'll again be prompted with the same restart your computer question as in Step 5. Choose one option, most likely Restart.
10.Your computer will restart and Windows will start normally... and will continue to do so.
NEXT -
Open Run box > Type chkdsk /r > Press Enter > Follow any instructions and reboot - Note the space between K and /
This will take about 1 hour or more, so have a coffee and always let it finish -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users