Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost wireless/internet connection please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 briggsee

briggsee

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

Hi all

Lap-top (toshiba equium a100)PC running 32 Vista

I was helping a friend run C-Cleaner and superantispyware to speed up his PC. However, when we were promted to up-date AVG free anti virus software "we did" However, the computer froze and we did the if all else failed switch it on/off. "sorry we are not very computer literate and have minimal experience"

Following this we are unable to connect to the internet via wireless connection.

Initially, we were told we had isatap adapter #2 problems and followed various forums in an attempt to cure. We now have error message THE NETWORK ADAPTER "INTEL ® PRO/100 VE NETWORK CONNECTION is experiencing driver or hardware issues

Hope someone can help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

WHat all did you do with CCleaner? Also have you tried reinstalling the network card driver?

#3 briggsee

briggsee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

We ran ccleaner and it removed masses of old files/etc & yes I downloaded the drivers from toshiba site and the PC tels me all drivers are up-to-date and working correctley ?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Have you tried removing avg?

#5 briggsee

briggsee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

I have just removed AVG and re-booted.

Attempted to access wireless internet and still receiving the following message when I diagnose connection problems:-

THE NETWORK ADAPTER "INTEL PRO/100 VE NETWORK CONNECTION is experiencing driver or hardware issues

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Have you installed the Intel Network Card driver from http://www.intel.com?

You may have done more damage then good running CCleaner.

#7 briggsee

briggsee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Intel network driver (PROWin32.exe Version:16.8.1) downloaded.

It can see the available networks but will not connect to internet. Tried connecting to one of my other networks and it now says:-

THE NETWORK ADAPTER "INTEL PRO/100 WIRELESS 3945ABG NETWORK CONNECTION is experiencing driver or hardware issues

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

You will now need to install the driver for your Intel Wireless Card as well available from Intel as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users