Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lagging In Video Games With New Updates?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Temo

Temo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:15 AM

Well I was playing this game "Uplink: Hacker Elite" just after downloading some of the new updates. I exit out the program and started downloading and installing the new update. After the whole restart thing and everything I went back to play the game and it was SO SLOW that I amost went to sleep!

And one thing about "Uplink: Hacker Elite" is that is not a SUPER GODLIKE GAME like Unreal 2k4 or Doom 3. You can easily compare it to Doom 1 or something alittle more higher than the PINBALL game from Windows.

I started to continue having problem trying to watch DVD's and stuff like that. So I thought about a REFORMAT just in case I got some wier virus. I back up my favorite Anti-Virus Program and my Firewall to be TOTALLY Protected for the first time connection to the internet. After the Reformat and installing windows I first started playing the game and checking that my DVD's stopped Lagging, and they did!! So I thought about installing the new updates which were like 3 of them. Well after the reboot and everything the LAGGING came back.

So I was wondering if anyone notice this lags or skipping while watching a DVD?
The biggest pain in this world is Debuging!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:46 AM

Hey Temo
At first glane i would try and uninstall Uplink: Hacker Elite temporarily and seeing if that helps at all. You might also like to follow the instructions found here. Have you updated your Video Card drivers? Have you checked the video card is compatible to your system?
David

#3 Temo

Temo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:35 PM

Yeah I did a FULL SYSTEM SCAN of anything that could slow it down and I just got some Tracking cookies. Also is not just that game... I also notice it on the game call ONI...

Let me just test out if it could be my Antivirus or my new firewall updates or something like that.
The biggest pain in this world is Debuging!!

#4 romulus267

romulus267

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:58 PM

I had a similar problem not too long ago and here's what happened. I had been doing a lot of updating because I had recently purchased a new video card and decided to update everything I could to get it running as quickly as possible for Need for Speed: Most Wanted. So I updated the video card drivers, and the game, and ran windows update and installed an update which I believe was supposed to be for my game controller which is a Firestorm DualShock. After that everything that required video acceleration was screwed. I discovered after much investigation that the windows update is what caused the problem, and you can't uninstall that particular update, so I installed manufacturer drivers and it fixed the problem.

Are you having this problem with other games?

If so, to check if it's the same problem go to "Start" then "Run" and type "dxdiag" and hit enter. Click on the display tab and test DirectDraw and Direct3D. If you experience a box that looks like it's spinning way too fast in the Direct3d test, you may be experiencing the same problem.

Hope this helps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users