Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Problem????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JustLearningSue

JustLearningSue

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I was getting help with what we thought was a virus, but in the end I was directed here. This is what I was told to post...
•Your graphics card may be having problems (screen freezing), and seeking advice to try and fix it if possible.
•Latest Graphics card driver for the card is below, and this version is installed.
•Driver nv4_disp.dll
•Driver version 6.14.10.9371
•ForceWare version 93.71
•Have previously run speccy & do not have another monitor available.
•Sound is not working either
Make sure you provide a link to this post in it, so the helpers there can follow what we have done.

The link to the post is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic451753.html/page__st__30__gopid__2692943#entry2692943
Any suggestions??? Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mrwmnhtr

mrwmnhtr

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hello Sue,

I see by your name you are "Just Learning." You came to the right site. Good choice. These volunteers are very, very busy. And they are very good at what they do. You may think you have been forgotten but you have not. Don't do any other changes. Don't try to fix it until someone helps you. I waited for 10 days on a malware problem, probably the most common problem needing help. So hang in there unless you have the $50 to $100 an hour for a tech guy. Be patient.

Peace and Liberty,

R

A law repugnant to the Constitution is void. ~ Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

Unfortunately you are using the most recent drivers for your video card, and have you tried redownloading them and reinstalling them?

I would go to http://www.realtek.com to download the latest drivers for your Realtek Sound Card.

#4 JustLearningSue

JustLearningSue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Sorry, I went to the realtek website. How do I know what to download? Also, the video card how do I know how to uninstall and reinstall it? I am not sure where to start.Thanks for your patience.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

You go to add / remove programs and remove the nVidia Drivers. Once you do that go and download the drivers from http://www.nvidia.com.

You will want to Download the Realtek AC'97 Audio Codec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users