Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD can't boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kabars

kabars

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

i try to boot and can only get on recovery console c:\windows but i don't know how to use this
when i first start boot pc i get BSOD
the i start over by holding don start button to stop pc. then boot up then hit f8 and menu comes up can not start in any of menu on the list oh yes the recovery conole is only one that works.
.also i tried chkdsk got statement there were two problems on hd. thanks please help. kabars (tony)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

If you could post your BSOD stop number and your chkdisk error information this may prove to be very helpful to determine if you have a bad hdd or if you just have data corruption.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users