Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus X52F Laptop Keeps Crashing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 laurenc92

laurenc92

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

Hi,

I have an Asus X52F series laptop only one year old and it keeps crashing.
When I start it up it loads up fine but then when I click on something say the internet it wont respond and completely crashes nothing will load. Every so often if left for ages after start up it responds but then after running for a while it becomes unresponsive again,it also runs fine in safe mode.

I have PCTools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus which is not finding anything and I have run Malwarebytes and it too doesn't find anything.

Not sure of the next step! Please help!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

I think your Asus might be running W7 64bit. If so there are reports of problems with Spyware doctor on 64 bit systems which maybe the cause of your problem.

http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?62093-Spyware-Doctor-7-SLOWS-and-CONFLICTS-Windows-7-64-System

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

Delete PCTools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus and replace it with any Free A/virus, like Microsoft Security Essentials -

#4 laurenc92

laurenc92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

Thanks Guys

Removed PC Tools and the laptops instantly fast like before!
Cheers!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users