Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Turn on computer, nothing appears on screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 millertime3818

millertime3818

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Alright so I built a computer in the winter. Asus P8z68-V LX mb, i5 2500, 16 gig kingston ddr3 memory and a radeon 6800. I put the whole computer together and it worked perfect the first time! Then a couple of months later, it died (I'm having the same symptoms as before). When I would boot my computer, it would load windows but my video would be at an extremely low resolution 640x480 i believe. I first thought my video was out so I used the onboard video, same thing happened. I did some research and talked to my co-worker and mentioned to unplug the computer and pop the CMOS battery out so the BIOS would reset. I did this and it worked! Everything was back to normal until it just happened again 3 days ago except this time, the battery trick isn't working. I popped the battery out, waited, tried again... nothing. I thought it must be my motherboard so I was able to download the latest update for my BIOS (very hard with the resolution set the way it is) and flashed my BIOS. Well now I'm stuck. I forgot to mention that while this problem has occured, I don't get a start up screen. NOTHING appears on my monitor until it loads windows and I'm ready to log in. No white text, no motherboard logo, no motherboard or computer information at start up, NOTHING. Well since I flashed my BIOS, I'm guessing it's asking me a question at start-up but I cannot see it because the monitor displays nothing.

So I'm stuck at a screen where I'm probably being prompted to do something such as, accept the new BIOS update? but I do not know for sure since I cannot see anything. Does this sound like a motherboard issue? I am now literally stuck without a way to run any tests in BIOS.

tl;dr

- 1st) computer wouldn't display any BIOS settings at start up and would load windows in a resolution of 640x480
- 2nd) Resetting BIOS by removing the CMOS battery worked the first time; 3 months later it's doing it again but the fix isn't working
- 3rd) Flashed BIOS but when computer automatically restarted to finish installation, a prompt is waiting for me at start up but I cannot see it because of no display
- I've removed all of my memory, used my mb's integrated video, switched DVI cables and disconnected my hard drive but will not display BIOS screen, no text, nothing, my monitor is getting NO input

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users