Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway DX4850-57 I got rip'd off BIGTIME

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dubzz00

Dubzz00

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hello everyone. Recently I have renewed my love/hobby for computers and bought what I thought was a new Gateway DX4850-57 with the Intel Core i7 Processor,Windows 7 home Premium 64 bit, NVIDIA GeForce GT420 1024MB, 1.5TB HD, 8GB DDR3, DVD Super Multi Drive,Multi-in-1 Media Card Reader, Easy Swap Expansion Bay and Easy Cable Management system. Well Being the Dummy I am I was super excited to have a new rig that was made in the same decade we are in now and paid $475 out the door. Well When I got home I hook everything up and turned it on only to find off the start the computer had been gut'd and 80% of the internals had been replaced with super cheap BS parts. The following is what is now in Original Gateway DX4850-57 shell Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit, VIA C7-D 800 (Esther), NanoBGA2 (400-ball), 698G HD, 3G DDR2 (but only takes 2G of DDR2??), HP 250watt PSU, There was no graphics card so I purchased a $$60 PNY 210+ DDR2 1Gig to stop the super glitchy playback (kinda worked), also 2 of the 4 USB ports work as there are only 2 ports on the motherboard available for use, Media card reader also unhooked no ports available. Anyways My purpose for the post is to get some info as to what parts to use to build it back to stock specs but with upgraded parts where need be. I only use my PC for Internet,Social, and Games/Media. Im new to building but I believe I can manage to piece it together with some help. Any ideas using the parts I have IE Case/etc.? Its currently OC @ 1.8GHz and still laggy,slow and Hot! Please Email me Justinthomas62984@Gmail.com with suggestions for 1st time builder and parts list to get the most out of what I have available. Thanks for your time much appreciated!!! Dame russian computer salesmen Got me GOOD!!hanks again for your time and I hope to hear from you all soon. Also a name of websites from where I can order the correct parts from would be really helpful!?!
Mod Edit: Removed email address, protecting from spambot...and forum business is not conducted via email, it's done within this forum - Hamluis.

Thanks Again
Sincerely,
Justin

Edited by hamluis, 11 May 2012 - 06:31 PM.
Edited - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

Have you tried tracking that guy down who sold you the computer?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

For reference, Specs .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users