Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell D630 will not come out of standby?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hubsy

hubsy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi Guys,
dell Latitude D630. Win XP Pro.

If I leave it on overnight, downloading torrents, when I go to it in the morning I can't get it to come back to life. Hard drive light is slowly blinking so believe it is still downloading.

screen saver is (None).
power Options. when plugged in, turn off monitor after 15 Mins. turn off hard disks never. system standby after 20Mins.

hibernation is not enabled.
tried various key presses but can only ever manage a total shutdown.

What can I try next?

hubsy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Set "System Standby" to "Never" for those occasions when you want to download files overnight, otherwise the machine won't have enough power to run the network overhead.

#3 hubsy

hubsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

okay, I try that tonight.

thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users