Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted images

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robvw

Robvw

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

I ran a surface scan of Pandora Recovery software and discovered thousands of deleted images. These images were not deleted by me they showed up on screen one way or another. For example I found an image of Mariah Carey that Yahoo was displaying in the news promo section. I did not click on it but it is now on my computer as a "deleted Jpeg". I am not computer skilled to understand how that works but I suppose it is normal. In the Pandora program I can view these images perfectly clear it even gives the size. So last night I did a quote "very complex overwrite 35 passes" with CCleaner. Today I ran Pandora and I did not touch those so called deleted images. My question is "Why not" are these images in a file protected from the overwrites? Are they using up space?
Appreciate your help.
R

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Does Pandora cache the files it recovers?
Have you checked to see if Ccleaner is deleting Pandora's cache if it exists before doing the overwrite?
In other words, is Pandora listed as a program that Ccleaner recognizes and cleans?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users