Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

web developer tools being used for bad things?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rmshaffer

rmshaffer

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

I need some advice and probably, a new boyfriend. I am running windows xp pro right now on a dell computer. However, I also had same problem on my e-machine running windows 7. I am not too computer programming "savvy" but I can follow directions if anyone can help. I use Mozilla version 12 or IE 8. Here's what is happening. First of all, I cannot log in to my email accounts securely. Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail. It's as if everything is "fake". I have a hard time receiving any legit emails, seems to be lots of spam. Nor is my facebook account "normal". If I log in from someone else's computer my posts aren't there, my pictures are not there, etc. I know that my boyfriend, (of 10 yrs) recently "acquired" a taste for internet "webcam" sites and adult dating sites. Now I find out that he has several facebook accounts, none of which I can accurately see. He has about 20 email addresses that I've found and of course now they are all just "spam" mail. I do know that his regular email is now receiving about 100 stupid emails a day from a company called "Topica" which I found it sends MIME emails. I don't know what that is exactly. Anyways, both computers are running some weird rootkits that have converted my OS to an older version, uninstallling service pack 3, legitimate windows programs and replacing them with dummies. My IE 8 is ACTUALLY version 6 and I still am not positive what Mozilla is. I think its reverted to 10. I did find that he was using some program called WEBUI and from what I read, it doesn't work on anything above those versions. I have tried downloading a different browser, like Google Chrome but it blocks everything. I changed administrator options but for some reason he "hijacked" my owner status and now most of his files and options are invisible. Even his log on. I just want my computer back. He can do whatever he wants. Can anyone help me figure this out? He has even rooted my phone and now I can't do anything there as he has a "blocked list" that I found that forbids access to a whole list of sites. I'm desperate here, sure I'd love to bust him and prove to myself what he's doing but it's been months now and I just want to have normal computer options. Not only that, but he just rants to everyone that I'm "Crazy" thinking everyone is hacking my computers. He has web-developer tools installed on both browsers too and if I click on them, I don't understand the HTML or CSS stuff. I see a lot of "false" entries or things like that so I know someone has changed things. I also know someone is remotely connecting to my computer at various times doing who knows what. I have ran a few different programs I found here, like un hide and combo fix but any help they have given is only temporary. I can copy and paste any files if someone can help me out. PLEASE!!!!! And Thank you :)

Edited by hamluis, 07 May 2012 - 07:54 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hello, the best thing to do at this point is to get a deeper look so we can see what is actually running on her and then fix what is needed.
Although we cannot fix that here you sound correct on the boyfriend,:)

Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If GMER won't run skip it and move on.

Let me know if that went well.

Edited by boopme, 07 May 2012 - 11:42 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users