Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Master DVD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Toria123

Toria123

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

This desktop i have is 6yrs old and when i first got it i was prompted to make a master dvd which i used a blank dvd-r, is this the disc i use to reinstall windows xp?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

If the machine came with Windows XP preinstalled, but you weren't given any installation media, then yes.

But to reinstall Windows if that's what you're thinking of doing, you'll need the Product Key. That should be adhered to the outside of the case somewhere. If you can't find it anywhere, use this utility to reveal the Product Key in the Registry: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

#3 Toria123

Toria123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

Yes it came preinstalled with no disc, so thank you! I was just making sure. I've got the product key too.

#4 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

You're welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users