Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sound files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 billthelifer

billthelifer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

I'm a budding, young composer (about 300 songs over 40 years) and a little new to the MP3 scene.
I create sound files, usually .wav or MP3 of music but my Vista platform won't let me change or add artist name, track number, etc.

Is there a way to do this on my laptop without downloading $11,000.00 worth of software?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

billthelifer, good morning and welcome to Sunday.

When you Right-Click on one of your MP3's, does a menu pop up and offer you a "Properties" option?

If so, please select that and in the window that pops up, you should see a General tab, a Security tab and a Details tab.

It is under the Details tab that you should be able to hover (and click) over any of the fields to add, remove or change any of the details that you want.

I just tried this on a couple of MP3's on my Vista machine without any problems. I've got a lot of cluttered MP3's laying around in my Music folder (free stuff I downloaded from a bunch of singer-songwriters) so I used those.

Please note that I couldn't relplicate this with a wav file, as I don't have any of those, kinda big and all.

Also, just as a quick aside, when you make your MP3's - what app are you using?

Please let me know if that helps.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users