Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.NET Framework

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RevGAM

RevGAM

• Members
  • 723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

I know that having multiple versions of Java installed is discouraged. Is the same true for .NET Framework?

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,093 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

No...in fact, many users don't need any version installed.

NET 2.0 is part of every system sold as MCE...any other version of MS.NET must be called for by a given application.

Some drivers...some games...some other apps...all may require a given version, with none requiring anything earlier than 2.0. Each of these will tell the user...what version of MS.NET it needs/requires. Various MS suites/apps will install the needed version pertaining to its functioning properly (Visual Basic family, for examplle) while MS Office does not necessarily go that route. The install directions for some apps will indicate what version is needed...I don't game, but i suspect that games also do that.

I don't have a version installed on one of my systems...I have 3.5 SP1 and 4 installed on the other (I only need one but I installed the other just as a trial and failed to remove it).

If the game/program/drivers kicks out a popup saying that a given version is needed, then install that version.

Louis

#3 RevGAM

RevGAM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 723 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Okay, thank you! I've got 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0. :)

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users