Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bkramo

bkramo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

Hallo to all.
I have this problem.
Today i think to be infected from some kind of virus.
What is happened is:
1- My antivirus, Norton is not running anymore
I have bought the new one, 2006 version, and when i try to uninstall the old version, Norton 2004, i can not because of a corrupted file, and f course i can not install the new vwrsion.

2-when i go on EVERY antivirus site, i get the msg .. page can not be shown.

3- i have had also problem with the internet connection, connecting but not abel to run on Yahoo mesenger, but maybe this was because of the provider, nw seems solved

4- the task manager is not running, only when i am not connected or i press ctrl-alt-deleteas first thing i do when the pc is opened

5- when i double clic on the icon of the internet connection the first time is taking long time to come up on the screen

6-finally i have benn able to find a site where i can have a scan and i have found that i have a file called
WINLOG.EXE.
Could be this to harm my pc?
Ah and microsft outlook is not running since i have this problem, maybe because i have it connected with Norton?

And if, how i can remove it?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!
Stefano

Edited by bkramo, 25 February 2006 - 04:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:28 AM

Hi there,

I just need to determine one thing before we continue.

Winlog.exe is a process belonging to the Salfeld Personal Security tool which is used to set parental controls to your computer. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

:thumbsup: winlog.exe is also a process which is registered as the Trojan.W32.Agobot, Trojan.W32.Bagle and Trojan.W32.Lodav trojans. It takes advantage of the Windows LSASS vulnerability, which creates a buffer overflow and instigates your computer to shut down.

Do you have Salfeld Personal Security installed?
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users