Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deep Freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kondo

Kondo

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

Well, what I mean with "Is it safe?", is that, if I put the main hard drive(Drive C) in the deep freeze state, and the other hard drives blocked (it means, the files can only be saved on the desktop), in case a virus attacked my PC, will the other drives be safe? I will be placing all the update software in unfrozen drive so that whenever there's an need to update, I'll just run the program and do not worry about the deep freeze state.

Flash drives can still be plugged in though.

Edited by Kondo, 05 May 2012 - 07:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kisk

kisk

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

Never used this software, but from what I read it essentially keeps any system changes logged to separate partition for system use while the system is running. Once you restart, this partition is cleared and you start from zero again.

Sounds safe, especially if you have relatives/kids/noobs using your computer. Just note if you want to make changes to your OS (updates/app installs/etc) you'll need to turn the freeze off then back on once you're done.

As far as your other drives, they are only as safe as the contents on them :) If they aren't system bootable disks they should be fine.
Posted Image

#3 Kondo

Kondo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

Usually, the one using the computer cannot play because the antivirus is blocking his game. That's why I'm using deep freeze. Also, to avoid unintentional changes to occur in the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users