Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

url's won't load

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DefinitelyNoExpert

DefinitelyNoExpert

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

I have a problem which I can't figure out for the life of me :blink:

I can't get on gmail and I can't play youtube videos. I can get to the starting sites though (home page) :wacko: It goes wrong when I try to log on to gmail, or when I click on a video I'd like to watch on youtube. For the record, I am not logged in on youtube.
I have the same problem with other sites. Take for example mangafox - I was just reading a manga there and suddenly (at page 10) it refuses to open the url. It just gives an everlasting "loading"-message (the circle with an arrow) in the tab... Or well, I say everlasting but after 5 minutes I had enough.

I tried 3 different browsers: IE, Firefox AND Chrome.
I tried 2 different computers (on the same network). One seemed to do just fine, untill it gave the same problems after half an hour :angry:

I have absolutely no clue what to do about this. It smells like some kind of virus (I did visit the same pages on the different computers), but neither AVG nor Malewarebites found anything after they scanned my computer (each scan took 2 hours for 40 000 items... that's slow, right?!).

Maybe it is the rooter?

I'd really like to know what I can do about this, or at least what actions I can take. Cause I honestly don't know where to start :woot:

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
:wink:

BTW needless to say, but this site opens quickly and seems to work perfectly...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

Do you have AVG Linkscanner, or AVG Safe Search enabled? Both are known to block sites. In Firefox, you can disable them both by hitting CTRL+SHIFT+A to open the Add-ons manager, go to "Extensions" and disable them both in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users