Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista/ extra unidentified network/ and no internet help needed.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 535cheetah

535cheetah

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

I am kinda stumped, here... my father has a dell desktop, it has windows home premium x86. and for a little while now, there is a "unidentified network" under the regular network (network 2). Since this unident network has showed up, we have noticed his file sharing keeps turning when you start the computer up, we turn it off, then when you reboot its on again, also if you try and make this unident network private it turns itself back to public within 5 seconds. This unident network seems to have the same IP and MAC address as our network 2 (so that confuses me). Also as of this week everytime you start the computer up there is limited connectivity for the internet connection. If you go to our network 2 and then click diagnose then reset local adapters the internet comes back on fully, and the unident network disappears. I have also tried to do the ipv6 suggestion (just disabling it) and typing "route delete 0.0.0.0 in cmd = neither of these worked. malwarebytes nor McAfee came up with anything malicious either. I have more idea's, but figured before I go and try random things I would ask and see if anyone had any ideas on what could be causing this?????? We also have a wireless modem, but the desktop does not have a wireless card. the desktop is using the ethernet cable. Any more info needed just lemme know. thanks!

here is a screen shot of the unidentified network.

Attached Files

Edited by 535cheetah, 04 May 2012 - 11:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

You will need to get these programs to the problem machine via cd or usb device and when you run them right click and run as admin.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
•Flush DNS
•Report IE Proxy Settings
•Reset IE Proxy Settings
•Report FF Proxy Settings
•Reset FF Proxy Settings
•List content of Hosts
•List IP configuration
•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files
List Devices Problems only.

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
•Make sure the following options are checked:
  • Internet Services
  • Windows Firewall
  • System Restore
  • Security Center
  • Windows Update
  • Windows Defender
•Press "Scan".
•It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
•Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users