Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop won't read dvd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mhoss49

mhoss49

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have an HP TouchSmart 600t-1000 all-in-one desktop. When I load a rental or purchased dvd I get the little fashing disc icon, but will not read the movie. This started a couple weeks ago. I have both VLC and Windows media Player. I have gone to HP for dvd/cd drivers and all updates are current. Any other cd's or dvd's play fine. The same rental or purchased play disc in my laptop or dvd player for the tv. My operating system is Windows 7.....64 bit. I would appreciate your imput.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mhoss49

mhoss49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

I tried using compressed air in drive slot and drive is findind dvd once in a while. I believe the lens needs cleaned. Any suggestions on a disc cleaner that works on computer dvd/cd drive.

#3 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Seems to be a common problem with that model: DVD's not recognized on HP TouchSmart 600t

Maybe you can badger HP tech support like the last guy did until they send you a new drive.

#4 mhoss49

mhoss49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

Thanks Xircal.....I solved the problem. I bought an inexpensive exteral optical cd/dvd drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users