Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Password Recovery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Itsa me!

Itsa me!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

My account was changed from admin to non admin, and now can't access my account. Unable to install programs, tho I can save files, burn ISO images, etc. Need some help, or ideas to recovery, not remove the password.

Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hello -
How did you access the Admin account up till now ? ?
What specifically has changed from the last time you logged in ? ? Is this your own computer or another persons ?

Thank You -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

<<My account was changed from admin to non admin, and now can't access my account>>

More details, please.

Whose system...do you mean that someone validly changed your permissions/access?

What is the background to your initial post here?

Your title is "password recovery" and I don't really see where that fits in with the limited details you have thus far provided.

Louis

#4 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

My account was changed from admin to non admin, and now can't access my account. Unable to install programs, tho I can save files, burn ISO images, etc. Need some help, or ideas to recovery, not remove the password.

Any help?

If you can boot to the desktop, do the following.

• Click Start and in the Search field, type CMD
  • Right click the link which appears and choose "Run As Adminstrator".
  • At the command prompt, type: net user administrator /active:yes
  • Type: EXIT to close the Command Prompt and then reboot. You'll find "Administrator" as an additional login on the Startup screen. Choose that and hit Enter when you see the password field (the default password is blank)
  • Go to User Accounts in Control Panel and delete your existing non-admin account and create a new one. Create a new password for it as an additional precaution; something which isn't easy to guess such as your name, date of birth, place you were born etc. Ideally, something like K8Gb#0+hT-xL would be good.
  • When you're done, open a Command Prompt again and then type this command: net user administrator /active:no and hit Enter.
  • Type: EXIT once more to close the Command Prompt and then reboot. You should now see the new account you created for yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users