Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes (soundloop) when playing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 R-taARDEAD

R-taARDEAD

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

First of all, Hi there !
I'm new to this forum. Sorry if i placed this in wrong category. I'm from Sweden so my english isnt perfect.

I bought this computer from a friend 3-4 months ago, it ran nice except it needed some upgrades. I bought new ram-memory, a 700w power supply and a 90gb SSD.

My computer freezes and the sound loops when i play battlefield 3 and battlefield heroes. I can play games like counter-strike without any problems. It doesnt freeze when i browse or do other stuff. I've only been experiencing the problem when playing battlefield 3 and battlefield heroes. I understand that Battlefield 3 is a very demanding game. I've tried from highest to lowest settings, keep getting the problem. Battlefield heroes is on the other hand not so demanding, still getting the same problem. I've checked all my drivers and they are up to date. I've tried reinstalling windows without success, even different drivers for my gpu. Ram is set up like this : 9-9-9-24 @ 1600mhz, 2.1volts.
Found this on adata website: DDR3-1600G PC3-12800 4GB x 2 CL9-9-9-24 1.65V. (Tried theese settings but system wont boot until i raise voltage on dram)
My cpu is running at 400MHz X 8 FSB with a voltage of 1.35v, which puts my CPU at 3.2 GHz. (20 Celsius Idle @ Realtemp)

I dont think its the OC that's the problem because i've tested without overclocking.

My computer:
Solid State Drive: Corsair Force, 90GB (System, games and some programs)
HDD: 500GB + 320GB (Programs and other stuff)
Video Card: GeForce GTX 275 (Twin Frozr, OC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte, GA-EP45C-DS3R (Newest bios, F6)
Memory: ADATA - 8GB (2x4GB), 1600mhz, DDR3 (Gaming series)
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9450 2,66GHz (OC'd to 3.2GHz)
Power Supplies: OCZ700SXS2 (700w)
Cooling Fans/Heat Sinks: Cooler Master Hyper TX3

Sorry if i forgot some useful info / Greetz - taARD !

Edited by R-taARDEAD, 03 May 2012 - 09:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hello R-taARDEAD -
It basically sounds like a Memory / RAM problem that should be tested -

The instructions for memtest86+ can be found: >> How to test memory using Memtest86+
I would run each stick for at least 12 hours, or to run the program, with both RAM sticks for about 24hours would be better -
It will produce a report, and, if faulty, you may even see a problem within 1 hour -

Check to see if there are any Custom Windows updates listed first (always do this) and a link is for NVIDIA GeForce updates (also check your sound drivers, sorry, I have no link)
Just to check the Video card for updates http://www.geforce.com/Drivers (http://www.geforce.com/Drivers) Nvidia G Driver Update

Run this and give us a report back -

Edited by noknojon, 04 May 2012 - 01:00 AM.

#3 R-taARDEAD

R-taARDEAD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

Saw this now...... looking at spec's for motherboard:

DDR3:
2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 4GB of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1600/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules

i will remove one stick then run the test for safety reasons (running at 1600mhz) and then i'll come back with the results
Thank you so much for the fast reply !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users