Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad replacement

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jephph1

jephph1

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Anybody replaced a touchpad before? What does it involve, and where can I find the part? Actually, specifically, the right click button on a Toshiba a305 has stopped working after someone spilled something on it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kisk

kisk

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

These types of parts are usually easily available on eBay. Let's see if we can find what you need. What is the model of your laptop?

You can always use a USB mouse in the meantime, which I prefer over a touchpad any day :)
Posted Image

#3 jephph1

jephph1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Here is the model number: psag8-02e018
The touchpad and the left click actually work. The only thing that doesn't is the right click.

#4 kisk

kisk

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Here is the model number: psag8-02e018

Do you mean psag8u-02e018 ? This would be a Toshiba A305-S6872: Specs here

Your best bet here would be to just replace the palm-rest case panel. Only ~$20 and the labor involved isn't too bad. Here are your choices: eBay. This one looks like a winner.

If you would like to tackle this I'd be more than happy to help you. Basically what you'll need to do to get it installed:

• Remove Battery/Ram/Hard Drive/CDRom
  • Remove all bottom case screws
  • Remove Keyboard
  • Disconnect cables to palm-rest case panel.
  • Remove screws that hold on the palm-rest case panel to the bottom assembly
  • Replace and reassemble.

This is not as scary as it sounds and I can be here to help you and provide images/support if you have questions. Let me know! :thumbup2:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users