Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Scrollbar Causes Content on Web Pages to "Wipe'

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Anonix

Anonix

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

I am not sure how to describe this other than to say the problem is driving me nuts! When I click the up or down arrow on the scrollbar to the right (the vertical scroll bar) to move up or down the pages when I am in IE8, the web pages kind of 'wipes' and appears to refresh each and every time I click. This is NOT happening in Firefox. Where is the setting to stop this? I have looked at mouse settings (obviously it's not that since the mouse clicks work fine when I am using the FF browswer). I have looked all over in Tools/Options while in IE8 and disabled 'meta refresh' thinking that would stop it. It does not. It almost seems like it's a 'special effect'. If I grab the bar and scroll down continuously, then the pages just 'wipe' and refresh faster. it's not a smooth scroll where the content stays in one place while the pages moves. This is the content shifting and moving at the same time the pages is moving. It's pretty much rendering use of IE8 non-functional. Which is a problem, as I need to use it for certain Windows maintenance tasks. Thanks for any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users