Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows media Player video doesn't load in IE 9

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sukkur12ka4

sukkur12ka4

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hello

I am trying to take some training videos at a website (www.bentley.com). The videos are in windows media player format embedded in IE. I selected 4 trainings. So these are in my favourite list. I launched the first video, a new window opened and it started buffering the video and then the video started.

I face a problem when I closed this video and wanted to go to the next one. A new window opens with windows media player embedded in the window but it doesn't do buffering to play. Interestingly, it still showing the title of the previous training that I closed. Looks like it is getting stuck in the memory.

I have been facing this problem for 5/6 days. I will really appreciate if someone can tell me in solving this issue.

I am using IE 9 on Win7 (64bit.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Some more help from Windows Seven Forum - Tutorials -
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/57348-windows-media-player-troubleshooting-guide.html From Capt Jack Sparrow -
Next -
Use your Windows 7 disk and do a repair install and you'll be back in business as WMP is part of the os

Regards -

#3 sukkur12ka4

sukkur12ka4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Here is the actual description of the issue.

When I first log on to learn server, I selected 3 trainings (AA, BB, and CC) and added it to my learning path. Then I click and launched 'AA'. A window opened with the video title of left side and windows media player box on right side. So 'AA' started playing; the audio and video were both OK.

The issue is, when I close 'AA' and launch the video 'BB', it launches a new window with video title on the left and windows media player box on the right side. But the title on the left side is still the title of video 'AA'. On the right side, there is a box for windows media player but it doesn't play anything. Even if I close this and open the training 'CC', it opens a new window but the title is still of video 'AA' and the windows media player box on right side doesn't play anything.

Now if I go back and play video 'AA', it will play it fine. I don't know what is going on.

I want to confirm that 'Work OffIine' is not clicked and I am not using any virtual machine.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

When I first log on to learn server, I selected 3 trainings (AA, BB, and CC) and added it to my learning path

Only select ONE unit at a time - You are OK with AA, so save it to CD or DVD -
Now can you Delete the first unit (AA) and load BB, then save it to CD or DVD also ?? Now repeat for other sessions -

You now have each session on individual CD or DVD and no preloaded versions on your computer as they are deleted after loading to CD / DVD -

Will this work ? ? It should -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users