Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Driver Issue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 puckbag

puckbag

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

I have an ASUS P4P800-VM Motheboard running Windows 7 (32 bit). Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio driver version 5.12.1.5410 is what it is running. My issue is that neither of the headphone jacks will work. I have tried everything...I've looked for drivers and I can't seem to find any that work for Windows 7. This computer is a dinosaur so they may not exist. Is it possible to use a different driver? Or can someone link me to the proper driver for this boat anchor. Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

A couple of questions.

1. Are you speakers working?
2. Are you talking about the front audio jacks or the Green jack on the rear of the computer.
3. If the front jacks are you sure they are hooked up?

Thanks
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 puckbag

puckbag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Roger,

The speakers are plugged into the green audio port on the back and yes they work, the headphones wont work on any of the jacks front or back.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

If you plug the speakers into the front jack do they work? I'm guessing the headphones may need to have a amplifier to work. The speaker jack is a low power output and may not be able to drive the headphones.

If the speakers work in the front and in the rear then I have to blame the headphones.

Good Luck
Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 kisk

kisk

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

Just to rule this out, do the headphones have volume control or a mute switch? Make sure they're turned up. Something similar to this:

Posted Image

Very possible you might just have a bad connection in your headphones, especially if speakers work. Not driver related.
Posted Image

#6 puckbag

puckbag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the responses guys..I have been away for a week so I just got back to work. I tried the speakers in the front jacks and they don't work. Only in the back.

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

That would be a hardware thing where they work in the back and not in the front.

167 @ June 2015

#8 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for the responses guys..I have been away for a week so I just got back to work. I tried the speakers in the front jacks and they don't work. Only in the back.

Does that front cable connected to Mainboard?
If not please :rip: that front :P
Because that front need to plugged to Mainboard to make it function, if not plugged then it's will not working.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users