Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 foothilljim

foothilljim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

Howdy

I am new, and am looking for help with *$#$* Dell Computer. Indian nationals are nice people, but don't seem to understand that a dying hard disk (under warranty) is a big deal. I hope to learn how to replace my hard drive and with what.

I want to thank the people responsible for this site.

I am a senior male, am dependant on my computer, and don't grasp some computer concepts as quickly as I should. I live in the mountains of California, and am not close to any support groups or computer stores.

Foothilljim :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:43 PM

You don't have to be physically close to computer help and support when you can go on-line and get help from the BC user community. Check the Hardware forum and search for installing a hard drive; there may be instructions already posted. If not, create a new post and be sure to tell us what kind of computer you have and what version of Windows you have. The actual replacing of a hard drive is fairly simple, since most just slide in and out and there are only a few (VERY SMALL) wires to connect. What takes the time is to reinstall Windows and all the other applications you have on your hard drive.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:17 PM

Posted Image foothilljim
It's good to see you here.
The good thing about this site is that if you don't grasp things quickly..... it doesn't matter. Just take your time and you'll be surprised what you can pick up.
Good luck to you

BBPP6nz.png

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:51 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! foothilljim.

Good Luck,