Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NORTON ERASER CANNOT CLEAR MALWARE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HDICECREAMMAN

HDICECREAMMAN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Norton Power Eraser doesn't erase rikvm_C6F0​9094.sys. HOW DO I CLEAR THIS MALWARE

*Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Queen-Evie*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 03 May 2012 - 10:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hello, this is a system file so it cannot be removed . It needs to be repaired.

Lets confirm.

Please download MBRCheck.exe by a_d_13 from one of the links provided below and save it to your desktop.Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
  • Double-click on MBRCheck.exe to run it. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator).
  • It will open a black window...please do not fix anything (if it gives you an option).
  • When complete, you should see Done! Press ENTER to exit.... Press Enter on the keyboard.
  • A log named MBRCheck_date_time.txt (i.e. MBRCheck_07.21.10_10.22.51.txt) will appear on the desktop.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of that log in your next reply.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users