Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious Graphic drive issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joust182

joust182

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:02 AM

My Graphic Driver completely updated sometimes fails and then recovers. Often says I need flash driver or adobe both which are also fully updated. Also i get lotsa pop ups from IE when this failure occurs. Then I just reboot.

Edited by joust182, 03 May 2012 - 02:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

Download and run a full system scan with the free version of Malwarebytes to eliminate malware as the cause of the problem first of all.

I assume you updated the graphics driver. But did you uninstall the previous version first?

#3 joust182

joust182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

I did run malewarebytes found nothing. I did not unistall the previous drivers first. when I attempted to roll back the drivers i got a blue screen crash. This happened twice. I even restored the pc to factory and the same thing happened. the Graphics Card is ATI Radeon HD 5450. When I DL and Install the Drivers directly from ATI the drivers fail and when I try to update the drivers through windows the drivers fail. I ran Hijackthis I also get a strange message "you system denies access to notepad C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" so i click OK then it does the scan. I have run Norton, Adaware, Kasperian, Malewarebytes, and CCleaner.

#4 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

I did run malewarebytes found nothing. I did not unistall the previous drivers first. when I attempted to roll back the drivers i got a blue screen crash. This happened twice. I even restored the pc to factory and the same thing happened. the Graphics Card is ATI Radeon HD 5450. When I DL and Install the Drivers directly from ATI the drivers fail and when I try to update the drivers through windows the drivers fail. I ran Hijackthis I also get a strange message "you system denies access to notepad C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" so i click OK then it does the scan. I have run Norton, Adaware, Kasperian, Malewarebytes, and CCleaner.

Normal procedure with driver installations is to go to "Programs & Features" in "Control Panel" and uninstall the current version first. Then reboot before you proceed with the driver upgrade.

If the "Found New Hardware Wizard" runs during bootup, click "Cancel" and then navigate to the folder where you downloaded the new drivers and run the installation file.

You can use this ATI Driver Detection Tool to determine which drivers you need.

I've never heard of "Kasperian"? Is that an AV? Can you give me the link to the site where you downloaded it from?

#5 joust182

joust182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

ok i restored it to factory and as i progressed through the windows updates i found that the Framework 4.0 was the issue. Also it says my graphics card does work with Windows Aero, so i switched to Normal. Who would think that would cause so many issues!? Anyways, I uninstalled the graphic drivers and got the new one's so everything works. Thanks for your help.

Edited by joust182, 05 May 2012 - 04:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users