Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Outage Causing Trouble

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Amoed77

Amoed77

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

So, I've been trolling through a ton of posts and help topics, but I haven't been able to pin this one down yet. I have 9 computers, all running XP Pro in an office and 1 server. On the server, running Server 2003, there is a shared folder that everyone had access to. We had some sort of power issue yesterday morning, a brownout, and everything went down. And no, there weren't UPSs so it all turned off. I repowered the server and all PCs. All the computers still have access to the shared folder, but 2 of them cannot. They're all on the same switch. No settings changed from what I see. And on the 2 that cannot connect, i get either a "path not found" or "User Account limited" errors. Both can see the rest of the workgroup as well, including the server, and can open other shared folders. Just not the one on the server. They can't access the server from the workgroup page either. I've tried uninstalling the network adapters and reinstalling them, switching cables, resetting the IP from DHCP to static and back again. Nothing has worked. If nothing changed on any computer, and others still have access, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users