I initially noticed this problem several months ago, sometime before November. At first it was on Google searches on Chrome browser (Firefox was fine). Also the not all of the user accounts on the computer had this issue, but a few did.
Occasionally I had this problem using Firefox on Google searches (main user account) and most of the time with Google on Chrome. I also tried Bing and Yahoo searches which would also have redirects. One of the other user accounts had this redirect problem quite often on Firefox/Google.
I looked at several "guides" which supposedly helped others. Nothing worked for me. Some stuff I downloaded to "fix" this redirect virus include rkill and tdsskiller (I even changed the file extension .exe).
I gave up trying to resolve this until now.
Recently I updated Firefox (had been using an old version). I noticed I was not having redirects on the other user account (Firefox/Google). Unfortunately my main uer account on Firefox and google searches has this redirect issue nearly everytime now.
I use to be able to "get around" the redirects by constantly clicking the link (from search result) or refreshing before the page/redirect loads.
Now this 'trick' doesn't work. Also when I check the url for the search results, the actual url is not shown but some junk after google. This would show before but I would sometimes fresh the google search and the urls would appear fine, indicating that clicking a link would go to the result and NOT redirect.
Edited by unpaidassassin, 02 May 2012 - 01:50 AM.