Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing .gif Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carolhall1

carolhall1

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

I cannot print .gif email attachments (text, not image). The print spooler shuts down and I have to go through the exercice of deleting all files in the printers folder and restarting the spooler before I can print any other file type. It happens every time. I think these files were sent by i-phone. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

I cannot print .gif email attachments (text, not image). The print spooler shuts down and I have to go through the exercice of deleting all files in the printers folder and restarting the spooler before I can print any other file type. It happens every time. I think these files were sent by i-phone. Any suggestions?

If it's a .gif file, it's an image regardless of whether it's comprised of text or a picture.

How are you trying to print it? What you should be doing is to right click the image and choose "Print" from the menu. This will launch the Windows Printing Wizard and send the image to the printer you have installed. You can usually choose other options such as reducing the size, or printing two of them together on one sheet of paper etc.

If the problem persists in spite of using the Wizard, could you please post the make and model of your printer?

#3 pcunite

pcunite

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Instead of using picture and fax viewer, open up Paint; Start Menu / All Programs / Accessories / Paint. It will allow you to print and also in color if desired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users