Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Duplicate photo finder

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

I have a bunch of duplicate pictures on my computer. Any recommendations on software to use to identify the duplicates.
Thanks

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

You can try

Easy duplicate finder

Awesome duplicate photo finder

Duplicate File Finder

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Have used any of the three? And which one do you like?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

I use Duplicate File Finder. It works well and unlike some others I tried it actually shows you the photos instead of just the names. Granted one can click on the file name to see the photo but I like seeing side by side.

You enable Preview and when highlighting an entry the duplicates will be pictured.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 May 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

I use Duplicate File Finder. It works well and unlike some others I tried it actually shows you the photos instead of just the names.

+1 here.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 jburd1800

jburd1800
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

I've been around this forum for a little while. You guys are the reason I keep coming back.
Thank you...

John

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

On behalf of the Bleeping Computer Community thank you for the kind words, and you're welcome.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

I've used earlier versions of Duplicate File Finder and liked it...I haven't used that type of program in some time now, so I still have the earlier version in my storage of "Programs I Need", which I back up routinely.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users