That is great news!!:Remove unneeded start-up entries:
This part of the fix is purely optional
These are programs that start up when you turn on your computer but don't need to be, any of these programs you can click on their icons (or start from the control panel) and start the program when you need it. By stopping these programs you will boot up faster and your computer will work faster.
If you have any
problems running Hijackthis see NOTE**
below (Host file not read, blank notepad ...)
- Run HijackThis
- Click on the Scan button
- Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):
- O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AwaySch] C:\Program Files\Lenovo\AwayTask\AwaySch.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: _uninst_01641735.lnk = D:\Documents and Settings\lcasale\Local Settings\temp\_uninst_01641735.bat (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: _uninst_01641735.lnk = D:\Documents and Settings\lcasale\Local Settings\temp\_uninst_01641735.bat (User 'Default user')
- Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
- Click on the "Fix Checked" button
- When completed, close the application.
NOTE**You can research each of those lines >here< and see if you want to keep them or not
just copy the name between the brackets and paste into the search space
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint]
sometimes we have to run it like this To run HijackThis as an administrator, right-click HijackThis.exe
(located: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
(located: C:\Program Files(86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
and select to run as administratorEset Online Scanner**Note**
You will need to use Internet explorer
for this scan - Vista and win 7 right click on IE shortcut and run as admin
Go Eset web page
to run an online scanner from ESET.
- Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
- click on the ESET Online Scanner button
- When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
- Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options
Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
- Click Scan
- Wait for the scan to finish
- Click on copy to clipboard or copy and paste the results here in this topic
Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topicGringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know
If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic
My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->
<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University