Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help? Infected with unknown virus..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shapeofwhite32

Shapeofwhite32

• Banned
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

I have a reoccurring malware or Trojan/virus worm malicious software problem. It changes settings automatically hidden software processes running activates when connected to anything that provides any type of dhcp. It infects all of my anti-virus defenses remains after a full low level format and does all of this with out even connecting to the internet. I have had it cause changes to my activation status in windows genuine advantage, does something different each time I reinstall my O.S. Icons are missing after restart.. I recently purchased a new hard drive and I got a BsOd mentioning something about Cache-Manager I'm wondering if it's a Kernal hooked rootkit? I ran combofix dds won't run it prevents certain programs from running correctly.. it somehow changes how my pctools activates and runs.. usually it allows me to run it without activating first such as activate later option but it doesn't do that anymore. my installer of my nvidia drivers installer usually displays a picture of masseffect or of some new game but it doesn't do that anymore. I always get the same windows updates no more no less no newer updates each time. Combofix usually deletes some file called thumbs.db which I looked up hides files in system32. dds won't run My games reinstall every-time I run them even after I already installed them. which I Suspect remote screen recording software, I also suspect something like a fat client or citrix is installed? This combofix is not in safe mode and without connecting to the internet. Some help would be much appreciated... Thank you!
P.S It appears I have a shell infection.. Also when I wipe my drive I reinstall by recovery factory partition and after it creates a crc file it reboots and when it goes to initialize the partition it reboots again but then continues but it says updating the registry when it should be doing a clean install.????????????? well it does this when done by disc as well..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

You are being helped here, please stick to that topic and do not start new ones. That will only cause confusion and will be a waste of time both for you and the members helping you.

This topic will be closed.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users